- Plain white steamed rice 2 rice cooker cups
- Dried nori seaweed for rolls 4 sheets
- Carrot 1/2 small
- Spinach (fresh or frozen) 60g
- Egg 1
- Beef or minced pork 70g
- Soy sauce 1 teaspoon
- Sugar 1/2 teaspoon
- Garlic (grated) 1/2 teaspoon
- Sesame oil 1/3 teaspoon
- Mirin 1 teaspoon
- Pepper a small amount
- Gochujang (Korean pepper paste) 1 teaspoon
- Imitation crab sticks 2 sticks
- Kimchi to taste
- Cook the rice using less water than normal. Put the cooked rice into a bowl and mix in the sesame oil, white sesame seeds (1 tablespoon each) and salt (1/2 teaspoon). Let it cool.
- Julienne the carrots. Place them in a heat-resistant plate and add sesame oil (small amount), salt (small amount) and sugar (1/4 teaspoon). Microwave for about 2 minutes.
- After cooking the spinach, drain well and mix with salt・sesame oil (1/4 teaspoon each) and grated garlic (1/2 teaspoon).
- Combine the ingredients marked with a ※ and rub into minced meat. Add sesame oil to frying pan and cook the meat soboro style (breaking it into tiny pieces). Place on dish and let cool.
- Add salt (small amount) and beat the egg. Add some vegetable oil to an egg omelet pan and cook on low heat. Roll thinly. Cut into thin strips to use for filling.
- Chop up the kimchi. Pull apart the imitation crab into thin pieces.
- Spread the rice thinly onto the seaweed paper. (Warning・leave about 1.5cm of the top edge uncovered) Place the filling on the bottom 1/3 of the seaweed and roll tightly.
- Place the rolls so that the loose part of the seaweed paper is sitting on the bottom. Place on top of cotton gloves or paper towels to remove moisture.
- Cut the rolls into 2cm pieces and serve!