THAI SWEET STICKY RICE WITH MANGO
Thai Sweet Sticky Rice With Mango
- 1 1/2 cups uncooked short-grain rice
- 2 cups water
- 1 1/2 cups coconut milk
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup coconut milk
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon tapioca starch
- 3 mangoes, peeled and sliced
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame seeds
Extra time:1hr cooling
- Combine the rice and water in a pan; bring to a boil; cover and reduce heat to low. Simmer until water is absorbed, 15 to 20 minutes.
- While the rice cooks, mix together 1 1/2 cups coconut milk, 1 cup sugar, and 1/2 teaspoon salt in a saucepan over medium heat; bring to a boil; remove from heat and set aside. Stir the cooked rice into the coconut milk mixture; cover. Allow to cool for 1 hour.
- Make a sauce by mixing together 1/2 cup coconut milk, 1 tablespoon sugar, 1/4 teaspoon salt, and the tapioca starch in a saucepan; bring to a boil.
- Place the sticky rice on a serving dish. Arrange the mangos on top of the rice. Pour the sauce over the mangos and rice. Sprinkle with sesame seeds.