Total Time – 30 minutes (and 5-6 hours for cooling process)
- Ghee/Clarified Butter – 1 cup
- Sugar – 1 cup
- Semolina/Sooji Rawa – 1/2 cup
- All Purpose Flour (Maida) – 1 cup
- Milk – 2 cups
- Saffron/Keshar – 1/2 teaspoon
- Cardamom Powder – 1 teaspoon
- Pistachios – 2 teaspoon, finely chopped
- Almonds – 2 teaspoon, finely chopped
- Heat 3/4th cup of ghee in a heavy bottom pan on medium flame.
- If the ghee has melted completely, add the sugar, semolina, maida, cardamom powder and milk in pan.
- Mix these ingredients together and stir it for 10 minutes till you get thick dough like consistency.
- If there are no lumps in the mixture, add the remaining ghee in it.
- Keep stirring this halwa mixture for few more minutes and lower the flame.
- When it cooks perfectly, you will see that it’s leaving from the sides of pan. This is the right time to take it off the flame.
- Pour this mixture on one of the greased papers and spread using spatula.
- Now, place the second paper on top of the mixture and start rolling it in square shape.
- Slowly remove the paper from top and add the finely chopped pistachios, almonds and saffron strands to it.
- Once again, cover it with wax paper and roll it nicely for a couple of centimeters thick in size.
- Your Mahim halwa preparation work is done now. Let it cool down for 5-6 hours on room temperature.