DOUBLE KA MEETHA
Double ka meetha
CATEGORY :Kid friendly
COURSE :DessertCUISINE :Indian
TECHNIQUE :One Dish
SERVINGS :Serves 4
- 1 uncut bread loaf
- 1 cup - khoya
- 1/2 cup - Sugar
- 1/2 litre - Milk
- Dry fruits sliced ( kaju, kismis, badam, karboja seeds)
- Dalda for frying bread
- 3 tsp - Ghee for frying dry fruits
- 2 Cardamom
- 1/2 glass - water
- Cut bread into cubes and deep fry them in dalda or refined oil according to your choice.
- Drain on tissue paper and place on a tray-like vessel and keep aside.
- Take half a glass of water in a bowl, boil it, add sugar and keep stirring till it becomes thick.
- Add cardamom and once the syrup is done pour this sugar syrup over the bread mix delicately and keep aside.
- Heat a kadai, add ghee and all dry fruits to it and fry.
- Add fried dry fruits to fried bread along with ghee.
- Boil milk in a bowl on low heat, now mash the khoya and add it to the milk till the milk becomes thick.
- Once the milk turns into a thick mixture, add a pinch of saffron and mix well.
- Remove from heat and add the mixture directly to the bread and mix well.
- Let the mixture soak with bread for 30 min max.
- Once it is soaked well, serve it as a dessert.